Click column header to sort
Responsible for selling and servicing Windstar Cruises and products through reservations channels, including Inbound and Outbound Calls, Email, Lead generation contacts and other sources as assigned. Effectively provide booking services to Travel Agents and Guests, offering them excellent service in a timely way, with appropriate sales techniques to close sales to achieve company sales goals. Provide Travel Agent and Guests with useful information and tips to understand and select a Windstar product to fit their needs. Provide prompt service, assuring calls are answered and serviced effectively with focus on appropriate efficiency. Process bookings completely and accurately with a high degree of consistency, avoiding booking errors and/or incomplete records. Manage booking progression from selling, option, confirmation to sailing or cancellation. Multi-tasking and time management are extremely important. Provide appropriate service and sales closure balance to achieve goals and represent Windstar cruises as 180 degree from Ordinary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell cruises, packages, air, transfers, hotels and shore excursions effectively.
- Provide appropriate advices, service, recommendations to support service and sales objectives.
- Process reservations, revisions and cancellations using reservation system, accurately.
- Demonstrate a strong functional knowledge of the Windstar product and services.
- Monitor bookings from option period through follow-up on payment requirements.
- Complete and process required accounting paperwork and other booking requirements following procedures and policies accurately.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures, including call and booking processing.
- Advise Lead/Supervisor of all problems in a timely manner, with details of history.
- Organize responsibilities to ensure completion and compliance with standards.
- Provide management with proactive input and contribute to regularly scheduled meetings with management to help improve our reservations and service processes as well as working environment.
- Perform other duties and assignments effectively as assigned by management.
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience, with high level service attributes.
- Cruise, travel or hotel related sales, service field experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally with professionalism, credibility and confidence. Present information in a positive and convincing manner.
- Strong belief in personalized, effective customer service.
- Must demonstrate an enthusiastic and professional approach to all responsibilities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to accept and act responsibly with compliance of policy and procedure.
- Must be punctual and flexible. Calls start when shifts begin. Rotating shifts start at 6:00am and end at 6:00pm (subject to change). Weekend shifts are also rotated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during closing periods.
Responsible for the operation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade of assigned ships in a safe, compliant and efficient manner; ensuring assigned ships and their machinery are in good condition, and cost effectively available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and controls large projects from planning to execution.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned ships.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements; builds and maintains effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Verifies that the SEMS and Fleet Notifications are implemented onboard.
- Maintains strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensures vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and takes appropriate action to bring costs to budget level.
- Monitors vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implements timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.
- Ensures assigned ships are visited at regular intervals and report on general condition, repairs and maintenance, crew performance, safety, environmental protection, compliance, and identify any remedial actions required.
- Promulgates a culture of compliance, safety and efficiency, onboard assigned ships.
- Makes budget plans for R&M, Dry Dock, Wet Dock and capital approval for the up-coming budget year within given timelines for assigned ships.
- Liaison with the DPA to ensure repairs of all reported deficiencies, damages and non-conformities for assigned ships are cleared with the minimum of delay.
- Provides assistance as requested to establish the root cause in an incident and/or accident investigation. Take part in any follow-up review of lessons learned.
- Prepares and/or contributes to any insurance claims for assigned ships, and liaises with underwriters' representatives throughout the claim process.
- Builds and maintains a professional and effective working relationship with senior ships staff of assigned ships.
- Conducts Senior Officer Performance Appraisals in accordance with HR procedures and plays an active role in their career development.
- Assists in selecting shipboard personnel by conducting interviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering/Naval Architecture or Bachelor’s Degree, and • 5-7 years marine related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience as a Technical Operations Director in a Technical Department, or previous experience in a Senior Engineering/Naval Architecture position in the Marine Industry
- Good communication (oral and written) and English language skills.
- Managed Technical operations aspects of new build or resale handover.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- An ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Financial/budget experience and understanding.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Will have to work in a hot and noisy environment and use the correct PPE for such.
Ability to work a loft (mast) when required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Employee Name: FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Title: HR Manager
Work Hours: Full - Time
Department: Human Resources
Position Reports To: VP – Human Resources
Under general direction of VP of HR, implements the company strategy for promoting fair, consistent and inclusive culture, with a strong focus on performance excellence and innovation. Manages a variety of HR programs and functions, including recruitment, employee engagement survey and “employer of choice” initiatives, employee/ labor relations, policy development, compliance oversight and measurement of effectiveness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, reviews and implements HR policies, procedures and programs to support company mission and strategic goals. Provides coaching, advice and guidance to management staff and employees on a variety of employment policies, practices and processes.
- Responsible for full-cycle corporate office recruitment and oversight of fleet recruitment and onboarding programs conducted by manning agents.
- Responsible for oversight, optimization and administration of the company’s corporate and fleet performance management systems in support of company strategic performance goals and expectations. Provides coaching to supervisors and managers to ensure fair and consistent performance management practices.
- Provides support to VP of HR in the CBA (collective bargaining agreements) negotiations process, proactively identifying issues to be addressed, researching best practices and proposing alternatives in line with company employee/labor relations philosophy and budget considerations. Ensures consistent implementation and adherence to the terms of CBAs across the fleet.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and international employment laws and regulations, provides guidance and counsel to management staff and employees on interpretation of the applicable laws and regulations.
- Manages and coordinates preparation of job descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance (in collaboration with in-house employment counsel) and oversees job evaluations.
- Assists with training, development, employee/ labor relations functions and workplace investigations as needed, provides guidance and coaching to managers and staff.
- Travels to the ships to conduct one on one sessions with officers and crew.
- Provides support to other HR team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor/ Industrial Relations, Organizational Development or a closely related field
- SPHR, GPHR or SHRM-SP certification preferred
- 7-10 years progressive Human Resources management experience
- Ability to perform essential job functions
- Demonstrated experience and skill in conducting workplace investigations, analyzing information in relation to the relevant employment laws, collective bargaining agreements, trends, policies and procedures, and use sound judgment to draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of collective bargaining including understanding of the grievance handling up through the arbitration level, union organization process, and contract negotiations
- Thorough knowledge of state, federal employment and labor laws, and governmental compliance requirements
- Must possess high credibility and absolute commitment to confidentiality and professional integrity
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Previous experience within cruise industry preferred and/or knowledge of relevant Maritime employment laws.
- Must be able to travel 20% to 30%
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Responsible for all aspects of conceptualizing and implementing company brand and market strategy. Provides leadership to the marketing and public relations team and oversees all aspects of marketing function, including lead generation, advertising, direct mail marketing, e-commerce, marketing collateral, public relations and communications. Participates on the Windstar Executive Team and has broad responsibility for driving the company’s revenue and growth objectives.