Stretch Project Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage corporate project calendar and resource allocation.
- Provide training and guidance to other staff in project manager roles to execute project work and manage team communications.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management execution, communication, and risk management.
- Create and manage system for tracking project success, and make changes to project management systems as needed to ensure success and high quality of project outcomes.
- Manage project lifecycle from initiation to closure on all corporate projects.
- Create project charters with stakeholders. Review project charters with CEO to evaluate project viability and resource allocation.
- Create work breakdown structures to estimate resources and costs for each task. Train others to use this tool on all projects.
- Create risk evaluations and manage project risk through lifecycle.
- Create communications plans with team and stakeholders and manage communications during execution. Act as mediator between team and stakeholders to resolve conflicts or issues.
- Effectively manage scope and change process during execution, including documentation and review of change requests with project sponsor.
- Analyze resource needs at the beginning of the project, and work with project sponsor and resource managers to attain and manage staff resources as they are related to the project tasks.
- Track and report project status and milestones according to the communication plan and needs of sponsor and stakeholders.
- Be accountable for project results, along with project sponsor.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
- Ensure all project documents are archived following project completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years’ work experience in project management
- PMI Certification is recommended
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages
- Demonstrated leadership managing people
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strategic, operational, and technical management skills
- Readily adapt and respond to changing environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Moderate noise.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during closing periods.