Awarded World’s Best Small Ship Cruise line, Windstar Cruises is known for intimate yacht style experience and unique voyages to the world’s best small ports and hidden harbors. Its three sailing yachts and three all-suite yachts carry just 148 to 310 guests and cruise around the world.
Our Mission: We imagine and deliver personalized and immersive experiences 180 degrees from ordinary
Our Vision: Enriching people’s perspective through inspired travel
Our Values: Welcoming, Innovative, Now, Discipline, Serve, Teamwork, Authentic, Responsible
The Marine and Hotel Operations Assistant provides personal administrative support and assistance to executive staff including the VP of Fleet Operations, Director Marine & Safety Operations and Director Hotel Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides personal, confidential, administrative and project support to the VP Fleet Operations, Director Marine & Safety Operations and Director Hotel Operations.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other document designs and maintains databases.
- Files and retrieves documents and reference materials (including End of Voyage, Budget, Medical, Guest Rating Scores, Fleet notifications, among others).
- Conducts research, collects and analyzes data to prepare reports and documents.
- Manages and maintains executives' schedules and Directors, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings, events and company-wide projects.
- Records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Monitors, screens and responds to and distributes incoming communications.
- Answers and manages incoming calls when the executive and Directors are not in the office.
- Receives and interacts with incoming visitors at Windstar offices.
- Liaises with internal staff at all levels and interacts with external clients.
- Conducts and coordinates project-based work.
- Reviews operating practices and implements improvements where necessary.
- Coaches and trains other staff, as deemed necessary.
- Provides secondary/backup administrative support to other members of management.
- Prepares and tracks expense reports and timesheets.
- Administers and codes invoices.
- Arranges travel for other team members and contractors as requested, including:
- Requests & organize air (complete & submit travel requests), requests cabins (complete, submit & track progress of F&R), request ground service when needed, request security clearance & boarding access from Port Agents & ship
- Distributes travel itineraries to team and/or contractors
- Make changes to arrangements as requested
- Cabin requests for handovers
- Assists in the organization of the Senior Officer Conference.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience providing support at an executive level
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software
- Thorough knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree is an advantage
Windstar Cruises is an Equal Opportunity Employer