Position Title: Expedition Manager
Work Hours: Full time
Department: Marine & Safety Operations
Position Reports To: Director Marine & Safety Operations
Expedition Manager manages and supervises Windstar’s Signature Expedition program and all aspects of its worldwide deployment in a safe manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and plan expedition opportunities in current and future itineraries for the Windstar Fleet
- Develop remote area itineraries with new expedition opportunities, including identifying regulatory requirements and developing plans for compliance.
- Point of contact for itinerary development for possible charters
- Develop operational procedures for expedition activities in all operating areas including risk assessments
- Ensure operational procedures for expedition activities and standard boat operation procedures work in harmony
- Focus on Safe Operations of these expeditions by ensuring all regulatory requirements and company’s expectations are met
- Point of contact for 3rd party suppliers / contractors for expedition content and operations
- Implement Windstar’s Signature Expedition Program in the fleet safely and successfully
- Conduct site inspections and “fam” trips for new destinations
- Sail in the fleet for brief intervals to assess the expedition program and at the start of each “expedition” season
- Support the Capital Purchase process in equipment selection and implementation in the fleet
- Support Director Marine & Safety Operations on Marine Operations
- Deck Officer License
- 2 years’ Experience sailing on expedition vessels with small boat operations
- Marine and Expedition related training certifications
- Strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, sound judgment and operational focus.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must have ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a highly diverse environment and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office environment. Moderate noise.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during closing periods.
Windstar Cruises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.