The Hotel and Tour Inventory Specialist is responsible for the management of pricing, block levels, reservations system maintenance and manifesting for all hotels and tours offered by Windstar Cruises worldwide.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build Hotel Room, Tour block and pricing into reservations system for all of Windstar Cruises embarkation and debarkation cities.
- Run weekly reporting for management to evaluate hotel and tour block levels for increasing or decreasing space as needed.
- Create preliminary and final manifests to be reported to each hotel property according to contracted terms and release dates.
- Work with Vacation Planning (Reservations) to facilitate special requests associated with hotels and tours.
- Work with product development on itinerary changes effecting hotel and tour block.
- Provide backup assistance to Cruise inventory control in maintenance and building of cruise pricing with in the reservations system.
- Request hotel rooms for corporate travel.
- Maintain contracts and review pricing for all add on services for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 2 years of reservations systems experience in the hospitality industry.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge of field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people and staff of all levels.
- Leader, motivator, self-starter, analytical, independent thinker, works well in a team
- High degree of integrity.
- Ability to perform essential job functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Moderate noise.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during closing periods.