- Responsible for the oversight and reconciliation of multi-currency credit card activity with bank statements and in house reservation system.
- Responsible for month end close process for all transactions related to cash and credit cards.
- Performs vessel labor analytics and verifies accuracy of vessel payroll prior to processing for payment and entering into the GL.
- Records and reconciles the onboard cash activity for multiple currencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detailed reconciliation of multi-currency credit card, wire and check payments/refunds from sub-ledger to bank account.
- Records monthly credit card fees and provide rate analysis.
- Manages crew labor function which includes reviewing payrolls, entering into the ledger and pay rates for foreign currencies..
- Assists in ad-hoc reporting and analysis of vessel labor and credit card fees for budget preparation.
Monthly Financial Close Responsibility:
- Prepare accurate and complete journal entries to record credit card and cash activity.
- Prepare accurate and complete journal entries to record vessel labor.
- Adhere to month end close schedule and deadlines. May require overtime during the close process.
- Completion of balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Prepare monthly analysis of budget to actual variances for assigned areas as part of accounting close meeting, including managerial metrics.
- Other duties, as assigned
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- 2-4 years accounting experience including previous merchant credit card reconciliation and strong analytical skill set
- Prior payroll experience desired
- Experience with month end close, including journal entry preparation and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Good time management skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to analyze and recognize exceptions and issues
- Team player
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and commitment to confidentiality and excellence
- Computer literate including intermediate to advanced Excel skills and GL applications
- Ability to perform essential job functions
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Moderate noise.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during closing periods.